When you buy a new pair of boots, especially work boots, you want them to be durable and last a lifetime. even the bestconstruction bootsIt will likely start to show signs of wear after a few years of continuous use. The two key factors in finding a pair of work boots that will last for years and require minimal repairs are quality workmanship and durable materials.
Like any fabric or material, leather naturally degrades over time. However, boot makers have worked with leather for centuries because it has proven to be an incredibly durable, versatile and wearable material that also has natural water-repellent properties.
But do leather boots last a lifetime? The answer is yes and no: it depends on usage, occasional repairs and ongoing maintenance. Here are some of the best ways to keep your leather boots in top condition for years to come.
How long your leather boots will last depends a lot on how you wear them. Even the best leather boots can break under certain environmental conditions. Bad weather is not only a potential hazard for your boots, but things like chemicals or salty roads can shorten the life of your leather shoes.
When it comes to work boots or other leather boots, you shouldn’t sacrifice quality either. A cheap pair will probably only last about six months with regular use. Under ideal environmental conditions and with the right care, quality and well-made leather boots can last tens of thousands of miles.
You may think that when your boots are in need of repair, you're better off getting a new pair. However, when it comes to well-made boots, having them repaired by the manufacturer or a local shoe store can often be a smarter and cheaper option.
A quick sole or new sole takes the least amount of time and money and will bring your shoes back to like new condition. Even better, you don't have to worry about wearing new shoes again or worrying about fit or fit.
Buy lightweight, waterproof leather boots
Look no further! Everboots offers a range of tough and durable leather boots ideal for the toughest days in the country.
Check out one of our best sellers below!
Ever Boots 8 inch waterproof lightweight leather construction boot for men
To ensure your shoes last as long as possible, maintenance is key. There are some simple things you can do to extend the life of your leather boots.
- Protection: Before heading out in your leather boots, spray them with a protective spray that repels water and other liquids that might spill.
- Hydrate: Leather needs to stay soft and hydrated, especially in the colder seasons. This prevents cracking, maintains the shine and helps the leather last longer.
- clean regularly: If possible, you should try to clean, or at least clean, your leather boots after you put them on. This removes salt and other sediment before it can penetrate the seams of your boots and cause long-term damage.
- add a sole- Some boots already have a nice rubber sole, but for those who don't have one, you might want to add one. A thin rubber sole can be added inexpensively and does a great job of protecting your shoes from the elements as well as normal wear and tear.
Buy leather boots that you can trust
Very well built boots like yoursalways bootsThey are designed to last for decades. If you have sizing questions or are looking for the perfect fit, contact our team today.
Leave a comment
Comments are approved before they appear.
Also under news
4 things to look for in construction boot reviews
06. June 2022 0 comments
- Boot model 'Tank S'
- best deals
- Black moc toe boots
- The boots are dry and comfortable
- break them
- construction clothing
- construction boots
- always boots
- high quality construction boots
- Boots with moccasin toe
- our bestsellers
- steel toe boots
- steel toe shoes
- Collection of steel toe boots
- Steel toe shoes
- Steel-toed construction boots
- Collection of construction boots with steel toe cap
- Work boots Tank S with steel toe cap
- Armor style boots
- Ultra Dry Boot-Modell
- waterproof boot
- waterproof shoes
- waterproof barrier
- waterproof shoes
- waterproof construction boots
- work shoes
- The history of the Moc Toe Boot
9. June 2022
- 4 things to look for in construction boot reviews
06. June 2022
- Who needs lightweight boots?
02. June 2022
- Cheap boot waterproofing - should you do it?
30. May 2022
- Mythbusters: Can a horse crush a steel-toed boot?
30. May 2022
- Do you really need steel toe construction boots?
26. May 2022
- 4 characteristics of the best construction boots
23. May 2022
- 3 waterproof boots for outdoor activities can benefit from it
19. May 2022
- What makes a good outdoor work boot?
16. May 2022
- Create a minimalist wardrobe with moc toe boots
12. May 2022